FENCE INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
- Fence Permit Application
- Plot plan to include
- Fence location
- Fence Height
- All other items such as swimming pools, septic tank, well, electrical or telephone pedestals, etc.
- Fence design detail (drawing or picture) – finished side or decorative side must face adjoining property
- $75 fee required
Items that must be considered:
- Drainage easements
- Shoreland Zoning
- Utility easements — fences may be constructed inside utility easement but only at property owners own risk. Utility companies that do work in the easement are not responsible for fence damage or replacement.
- Vision corners
- Property lines
- Buffers such as green space at railroad tracks
- ATC easements
- Access to utility boxes
- Diggers Hotline (1-800-242-8511)
Fence Plan for corner/cul-de-sac lot
BEFORE building anything you must first check the shoreland, wetland and airport zoning.