SWIMMING POOL INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
At present, the Town of Greenville has limited regulations regarding swimming pool installation.
No permit is required, but these requirements must be followed:
- Setbacks are as from property lines as per accessory structure requirements for your zoning.
- Cannot be installed in any utility or drainage easements.
- Must not be installed over or under any power lines.
- Must not be installed over any gas lines.
Items that must be considered:
- Call your insurance company
- Shoreland Zoning
- Vision corners
- Property lines
- Diggers Hotline (1-800-242-8511)
- Plan ahead for future (decks, fences, additions, sheds, etc.)
- Consideration for your neighbor
BEFORE building anything you must first check the shoreland, wetland and airport zoning.