Town of Greenville
Building Inspection Department
The Building Inspection Department manages the process of residential and commercial construction projects. The requirements for obtaining a permit are for the benefit of the property owner. The process begins with permit application, review and issuance. The Building Inspector performs field inspections for compliance of these building codes and standards to provide for the health and safety of all occupants. The process is completed with final inspection and the issuance of an occupancy permit when applicable.
The Building Inspection Department
is located in the
Greenville Town Hall
W6860 Parkview Drive
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
PROJECTS THAT REQUIRE A BUILDING PERMIT
- Construction of any building (house, garage, shed, or any structure)
- Additions to any house or structure
- Fences (Written Approval)
- Decks or Porches
- Remodeling of any sort (including finishing any basement area, windows, or doors)
- Heating or air conditioning (new or replacement)
- Electric work
- Any moving or demolition of buildings
Please plan ahead. Due to the large volume of permits being issued, the amount of time to issue any permit may take up to five (5) days.
BEFORE building anything you must first check the shoreland, wetland and airport zoning.
This can be done on the Outagamie County website www.co.outagamie.wi.us
Outagamie County Zoning Department