Town of Greenville
Garbage & Refuse
Make sure your garbage is out by 5:00 a.m. They will not go back to pick up if it is not out.
Garbage Pick-Up Comments/Issues
Harter's Fox Valley Disposal
Recycling Pick-Up Comments/Issues
Inland Service Corporation-Recycling
Hints for the new refuse containers
- Use tall kitchen garbage bags. They fit into the container better because of less air. If using the larger bags, place them side by side. The way things are placed in the containers does matter or poke a hole in the large bags to let the air out. Crush if needed. Many are finding they can fit their garbage into the can.
- Remember - RECYCLING IS MANDATORY - not optional. You need to be diligent on the recycling.
- Only "household" items will be picked up. Items such as construction materials, chicken wire, etc. need to be taken directly to the landfill. Harter's will not pick up those items.
- Large item pick up cut-off will be 2:00 p.m. the Tuesday before the pick up day.
- Extra bags will need a $1 sticker. Lids on the cans must be closed.
- Free days for extra bags only. This is for collection during these holiday weeks only. New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas. The bags need to be tossed into the trucks and cannot be overly heavy.
- When it is a holiday week, garbage pick up is backed up one day.
LARGE ITEM PICK UP- EVERY OTHER WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH - CALL THE TOWN HALL FOR DATES.
What do I do with special items?
Stickers for special waste shall be available at the Town Hall. Sticker amounts shall be as follows:
- Furniture, mattresses, bed frame, TV, office equipment, bathtub, microwave, etc.: $25.00
- Carpet and pad $25.00 per room.
- Large goods (washers, dryers, dishwashers), large items such as trash compactor, water heater, toilet, sink, shower stall, broken grill, lawn mower, bike, etc.: $25.00
- Items with refrigerants (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers: $50.00
When you purchase your sticker, we will record your address and notify Harter's of your item. The deadline for large items will be 2:00 P.M. on the Tuesday before the pickup day. The pickup day for large items is every other Wednesday of each month - call for dates.
The alternative is to haul any of your items to the Outagamie County landfill located at 1419 Holland Road, Appleton (one mile east of Hwy 441; off of Northland Avenue). If you have questions about hauling items there, you can contact them at 920-832-5277. They will also charge a fee for disposal.
In the week of a major holiday, garbage and recycling collection will be backed up one day. For instance, if a holiday falls on Thursday, the Wednesday collection will be picked up on Wednesday, Thursday will be picked up on Friday and Friday on Saturday. Halloween, President’s Day, etc. are not considered major holidays.
SPECIAL OVERFLOW DAYS
Overflow garbage will be collected without stickers in the week following these 5 holidays:
Christmas, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, and Thanksgiving. Any overflow must be in plastic bags and does not include special waste that requires a special collection day sticker.
The over flow garbage day is the Immediate Day following the Holiday. Only 5 extra bags are accepted, no large items.