Town of Greenville
Garbage & Refuse
Make sure your garbage is out by 5:00 a.m. They will not go back to pick up if it is not out.
Garbage Pick-Up Comments/Issues
Harter's Fox Valley Disposal
Recycling Pick-Up Comments/Issues
Inland Service Corporation-Recycling
Hints for the new refuse containers
- Use tall kitchen garbage bags in the GARBAGE cart only. They fit into the CART better because less air remains in the bag. If using the larger black waste bags, try poking a small hole in the bag to let the air escape.
- Remember - RECYCLING IS MANDATORY - not optional. You need to be diligent on the recycling.
- Only "household" items will be picked up. Items such as construction materials, chicken wire, etc. need to be taken directly to the landfill. Harter's Disposal will not pick up these items.
- Large item pick up cut-off will be 2:00 p.m. the Tuesday before pick up day.
- Extra bags will need a $1 sticker. Lids on the carts must be closed
There is no overflow recycling collection. If you have a lot of recyclables consider the following:
- HOLIDAY WEEKS
If a major holiday interrupts garbage and recycling collection, it will be collected on the following day. For instance, if a holiday falls on Thursday, the Wednesday collection has no interruption, Thursday will be picked up on Friday and Friday on Saturday.
FREE HOLIDAY OVERFLOW DAYS - GARBAGE ONLY This is for collection during the following holiday weeks:. New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas. The garbage bags need to be tossed into the trucks and cannot be overly heavy.
- All collection days will be one day late due to the holiday and extra bags will be excepted on your day of pick-up. Only 5 extra bags are ceepted, no large items.
Break down and flatten all boxes. Cardboard boxes should be cut to 2 ft X 2ft or smaller.
- Crush your cans, plastic jugs and bottles.
- Save your overflow for your next collection.
- Ask a neighbor if they have room in their cart.
- Bring to the County drop off site:
1919 Holland Road, Appleton
M-F 7 am-3:30 pm and Sat. 7am-11am.
LARGE ITEM PICK UP- EVERY OTHER WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH - CALL THE TOWN HALL FOR DATES.
What do I do with special items?
Stickers for special waste shall be available at the Town Hall. Sticker amounts shall be as follows:
- Furniture, mattresses, bed frame, TV, office equipment, bathtub, microwave, etc.: $25.00
- Carpet and pad $25.00 per room.
- Large goods (washers, dryers, dishwashers), large items such as trash compactor, water heater, toilet, sink, shower stall, broken grill, lawn mower, bike, etc.: $25.00
- Items with refrigerants (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers: $50.00
When you purchase your sticker, we will record your address and notify Harter's of your item. The deadline for large items will be 2:00 P.M. on the Tuesday before the pickup day. The pickup day for large items is every other Wednesday of each month - call for dates.
The alternative is to haul any of your items to the Outagamie County landfill located at 1419 Holland Road, Appleton (one mile east of Hwy 441; off of Northland Avenue). If you have questions about hauling items there, you can contact them at 920-832-5277. They will also charge a fee for disposal.