Construction crews are out on School Rd. east of STH 76  until June to fix driveway issues and restore terraces. Please use an alternative route if possible.

Building Inspection

Building Inspection

The Building Inspection Department manages the process of residential and commercial construction projects. The requirements for obtaining a permit are for the benefit of the property owner. The process begins with permit application, review and issuance. The Building Inspector performs field inspections for compliance of these building codes and standards to provide for the health and safety of all occupants. The process is completed with final inspection and the issuance of an occupancy permit when applicable.
The Building Inspection Department is located in the

Greenville Village Hall
W6860 Parkview Drive
                                                                             Office Hours:
                                                                             Monday through Thursday
                                                                             7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
                                                                             8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.


  • WI UDC Codes
  • Construction of any building (house, garage, shed, or any structure)
  • Additions to any house or structure
  • Fences 
  • Decks or Porches
  • Remodeling of any sort (including finishing any basement area, windows, or doors)
  • Heating or air conditioning (new or replacement)
  • Electric work
  • Plumbing
  • Alternative Energy (solar, wind, geothermal etc.)
  • Any moving or demolition of buildings
  • Reroofing
  • Flatwork (driveway extensions, walkways, patios etc.)
  • Pools/hot tubs
  • Signs
  • Anything not listed here but required by Chapters 85 & 320.  The fee schedule (fee schedule is subject to change, please contact staff to verify they are current)

Please plan ahead. Due to the large volume of permits being issued, the amount of time to issue any permit may take up to five (5) days. 

BEFORE building, you must first check the Village Ordinances, shoreland, wetland and airport zoning.

You can find this information on Greenville's Master Planning and Zoning Map
This information can be found on the "GIS & Maps" tab on the Outagamie County website
  and the Outagamie County Zoning Department

Consider donating furniture, tools, building supplies, or other home goods as part of your home remodel to Habitat for Humanity ReStore

Greenville is now enrolled in the National Floodplain Insurance Program (NFIP), which means property owners are able to purchase flood insurance through their insurance agencies. If you have additional questions about the program or don’t have an agent that can help, you can reach the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at 877-336-2627 and they can connect you with a local agent if you don’t have one already. Here are a couple additional resources about the program and